London News News

Financial support for Kensington & Chelsea residents

  • March 26, 2024
  • 2 min read
Financial support for Kensington & Chelsea residents

Kensington & Chelsea Council recently wrote to residents about how much they need to pay for rent and other charges this year. Residents who are having trouble paying may be entitled to some help. Whether you rent from the council or own your home, there may be options for you.

Last year, the council made a fund to help renters who were finding it hard to pay their rent. Since rents will go up again in April 2024, it has put aside an extra £1 million to keep helping. This fund is for people who rent from the council and don’t get all the money they need for rent from Universal Credit or Housing Benefit.

You can book a short online chat with one of RBKC’s money experts. They are available Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9 am to 5 pm, and on Wednesdays from 9 am to 8 pm. For more information, click here.

If you’re worried about paying for things like repairs, you can talk about spreading out payments or taking a break for three months. Just call 0800 358 3783 or email housing.enquiries@westminster.gov.uk 

Online Chat for leaseholders: Need advice about your bills? Book a quick chat with one of the council’s experts. They are available Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm, and on Wednesdays until 8 pm.

Big repairs, like fixing roofs or windows, can be expensive. Find out more about some of the ways you can get help in the borough.

View the cost of living pages for tips on getting government help, finding local services, or getting food support.

About Author


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *